Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Timmy Lincecum, Hero

Absolutely awesome post over at Bay City Ball quantifying Tim Lincecum's bad-assedness. Print it out and read it again later bad-ass.

Full disclosure: I have the sweet smelling munchkin (seriously, dude is smaller than me) on both my fantasy teams, and he is putting in work. However, I was hanging out on Raising (Matt) Cain last night, and posted a comment about how well my boy was pitching. Needless to say, the baseball gods were not impressed.

Lincecum actually pitched really well in the game, but was denied the win. The Giants ended up winning thanks to the heroics of Benjie Molina, who hit not one, but two home runs in the game, including a walk-off in the 11th. That's right, the very same Benjie Molina I trashed in yesterday's post. So, for what it's worth Benjie, I'm sorry I suggested replacing you with a soccer playing Brazilian midget. Keep up the good work, and I promise to find good things to say about you soon.

2 comments:

M.C. O'Connor said...

Tim set the bar high and it seems Sanchez and Correia are determined to raise it even higher. Maybe there IS hope for the '08 Giants. And don't worry, Bengie will make enough outs this year to make up for his recent run of big hits!

CJ said...

Since we're allowing nearly twice as man runs as we score (27 allowed / 53 scored), it's clear the 2008 Giants will be living or dying with pitching.

Better than depending on our offense, I suppose, but still...